Thursday 1 November 2012

Nursing On the Go!


Lets face it! Not everyone is comfortable nursing in public and not every where you go to will have nursing facilities. So what do I do? Should I restrict my travelling to only those places with nursing rooms? or time my outings so that I can rush home to feed my little one?  

Nope! Instead, I've setup the back seat of my car to be my nursing room on the go!
I live and travel in "up town" so there are usually lots of free parking spaces around plazas, malls, side streets etc. I'd just park my car further away from the crowd and feed my baby in the back seat! I was really nervous about this at first as you never know who is watching. But in reality, no one is! However, just to be sure that no one can see, I'd keep a flat sheet in the car, a few laundry clips, and create my own "covered" nursing room at the back seat.  

I found a "fold down" mini table to attach to and use in the car (see below picture)! This is great as I can keep my phone (I use an app to keep track of feeding time), nipple shield, wash cloth etc. right in front of me for easy access! 

My Hello Kitty Fold Down Tray for use in the car!

Yes...I know it's our right to nurse anywhere in Toronto....I don't need to hide myself at the back seat...but it is way more comfortable and if I am relaxed, I get the job done much faster =) 

P.S. What is the front seat for you ask? It's the diaper changing station! ;P


No comments:

Post a Comment